- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Distributed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Published By – Nymph Music, Inc.
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Performer [Public Image Ltd...] – Dave Crowe, Wobble*, Jeanette Lee*, John Lydon, Keith Levene
- Photography By – Tony McGee
- Words By, Music By, Producer – Public Image Ltd.*
Notes©℗1979 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Made In U.S.A.
©1979 Nymph Music, Inc. (BMI)
(O.P. Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd.)
Originally released in the UK as a limited edition 3x12" (45 RPM) titled Metal Box, which was packaged in a round metal box.
Warner Brothers in North America didn't want to pay for the extra packaging and triple vinyl, so it was changed to a 2x12" (33 RPM) in a standard gatefold sleeve, and the title changed to Second Edition. Virgin UK used this format & title for a reissue in early 1980 once the original Metal Box sold out.
"Swan Lake" was titled "Swan Lake (Death Disco)" on Metal Box, and is a slightly different version of the track "Death Disco" that was released as a single in June, 1979.
Although the album has a Warner Bros. catalog number, the album cover and labels use the Island logo.
Matrix notes: the "✶" and "STERLING" are stamped, the preceding matrix info is etched.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 0075992328814
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched, stamped): 2WX-1-3288 JW1 ✶ STERLING 0
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched, stamped): 2WX-2-3288 JW1 ✶ STERLING 0
- Matrix / Runout (Side C, etched, stamped): 2WX-3-3288 JW1 ✶ STERLING 0
- Matrix / Runout (Side D, etched, stamped): 2WX-4-3288 JW1 ✶ STERLING 0
- Rights Society: BMI
|METAL 1||PiL*||Metal Box (3x12", Album, Ltd + Box)||Virgin||METAL 1||UK||1979|
|3288-2||Public Image Ltd.*||Second Edition (CD, Album, RE, RP)||Warner Bros. Records||3288-2||US||Unknown|
|CDVDR 2512, 50999 0 70015 2 9||Public Image Ltd.*||Second Edition (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Virgin, Virgin||CDVDR 2512, 50999 0 70015 2 9||Europe||2011|
|300 863-420, 300 861, 300 862||Public Image Ltd.*||Second Edition (2xLP, Album)||Virgin, Virgin, Virgin||300 863-420, 300 861, 300 862||Germany||1980|
|2WX 3288||Public Image Ltd.*||Second Edition (2xLP, Album, Gat)||Island Records||2WX 3288||Canada||1979|