Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – E.C. Cobb*
|4||Say Hello, Wave Goodbye||5:23|
|6||Loving You, Hating Me||4:16|
Written-By – H.B. Barnum
|8||Where The Heart Is||4:34|
|11||Down In The Subway
Written-By – Jack Hammer
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Phonogram Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Phonogram Ltd. (London)
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Some Bizzare
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Phonogram Ltd. (London)
- Published By – Metropolis Ltd.
- Published By – Warner Bros. Music Ltd.
- Published By – Burlington Music Ltd.
- Published By – Peter Maurice Music Co. Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Music
- Instruments – David Ball*
- Producer – Daniel Miller (tracks: 1), Mike Thorne (tracks: 2 to 9), Soft Cell (tracks: 9 to 11)
- Sleeve Notes – Tony Mitchell
- Vocals – Marc Almond
- Written-By – Soft Cell (tracks: 1, 3 to 6, 8 to 10)
NotesMemorabilia - February 1981
Tainted Love - July 1981
Bedsitter - October 1981
Say Hello, Wave Goodbye - January 1982
Torch - April 1982
What - July 1982
Where The Heart Is - November 1982
Numbers - February 1983
Soul Inside - September 1983
Down In The Subway - February 1984
The versions of 'What' and 'Down In The Subway' here are longer than the original single versions (2:50 and 2:51 respectively). Both of these longer versions would later reappear on The Very Best Of Soft Cell.
Writer credit for track 2 listed as Ed Cobb on the label.
Writer credit for track 7 listed as H.P. Barnum on the label.
Metropolis / Warner Bros. Music Ltd. except:
2: Burlington Music Ltd.
5: Peter Maurice Music Co Ltd / EMI Music.
Original sound recording made by Phonogram Ltd (London).
1 to 3 ℗ 1981 Some Bizzare
4 ℗ 1981 Phonogram Ltd. (London).
5, 7, 8 ℗ 1982 Phonogram Ltd. (London).
6, 9, 10 ℗ 1983 Phonogram Ltd. (London).
11 ℗ 1984 Phonogram Ltd. (London).
℗ This compilation 1986 Phonogram Records Ltd.
© This compilation 1986 Phonogram Records Ltd.
Track durations not listed on the release.
Booklet: Printed in West Germany
Made in West Germany
CD: MADE IN W. GERMANY
This is the first CD release that features graphics (unlike the plainer later reissues) and without distribution code.
There are multiple European versions (all manufactured in Germany):
First CD release (graphics on CD, no SID codes) <-- THIS PRESSING
Second CD release (graphics on CD, no SID codes, distribution code on back)
PDO pressing ("Atomic" CD, no SID codes)
Unknown manufacturer ("Atomic" CD, no SID codes)
Unknown manufacturer ("Atomic" CD, SID Mould codes)
PMDC pressing ("Atomic" CD, SID Mould codes)
Universal M&L pressing ("Atomic" CD, both SID codes)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 42283 07082 0
- Barcode (Scanned): 042283070820
- Matrix / Runout: 830 708-2 01 #
- Rights Society: GEMA
- SPARS Code: AAD
- Other (Distribution Code): none
|BZLP 3||Soft Cell||The Singles (LP, Comp)||Some Bizzare||BZLP 3||UK||1986|
|830 708-4||Soft Cell||The Singles (Cass, Comp)||Mercury||830 708-4||Europe||1986|
|830 708-1, BZLP3||Soft Cell||The Singles (LP, Comp)||Mercury, Some Bizzare||830 708-1, BZLP3||Greece||1986|
|BZLP 3||Soft Cell||The Singles (LP, Comp)||Vertigo, Some Bizzare||BZLP 3||Canada||1986|
|830 708-4||Soft Cell||The Singles (Cass, Comp)||Vertigo||830 708-4||Canada||1986|